Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Weekly Monday News on Tuesday

Weekly Monday News Fail! See yesterday was Field Day so I was awake long enough to eat dinner and go back to bed! But by golly, I didn’t miss it, and the cute snuggles from my peanut and friends! They were adorable!! I loved seeing some of my favorite mama’s too. It was nice to be out.

We had a very long weekend but it was good! We spent most of it next to the pool until the kids just were literally beyond themselves bickering over nothing and then we went to the front and played games and had pizza. We spent the night in our camper too which was a total blast. Didn’t need to go to any RV Park, moms house is just fine!

I’m sure I’ve mentioned the extreme fatigue, “infection in the eye/face,” headaches, random shocks of pain, random muscle spasms, whatever.  Well today they finally decided that I would Skip chemo until we figured out the cause and met me get some energy back. (Best news of the day)

The scans showed great improvement over the last PET scan. So the liver and bone mets were responding thank GOD. On the other hand the Leptomeningeal Disease appears to be slightly better than the January scan which was actually the first time it came back after Topotecan stopped working, so that is actually positive. It’s by no means gone and you can see all the little spots but they do appear much tinier than the last one I saw. The huge question of concern is a worsening area around the ommaya resivior. My neurosurgeon who did the surgery is going to review it this afternoon and give his thoughts so that Dr. M and Dr. K can figure out how to proceed.

So far they like the progress of the Alimta-Carbo mix and will likely continue to raise Alimta and eventually drop Carbo. But for now, I get a week off. Which if I haven’t shouted for joy enough over, I am!!! Yeah for no chemo day!

I did carry one of my new unicorn babies into chemo today, and I got a lot of laughs, giggles and smiles. I want to go galloping around the infusion room next time. Liven it up a little, maybe find a parent-patient who needs to adopt! God’s given me a weird sense of humor the past few weeks and he just keeps reminding me to trust him. So that’s what we do.


Nap time, we got a HUGE gift tonight and I need to lay down and prepare! Hugs <3

1 comment:

  1. It is so good to see that you have that weird sense of humor. It got us through many treatments, appointments and bone marrow biopsies. Your strength is amazing, and you love of family and friends so heart warming! Keep on keeping on girl!!!

    ReplyDelete