Friday, December 9, 2016

Last Day of Xeloda Round 1... and the consensus is, do-able

Today is my last day of Xeloda praise the LORD! One dose after dinner, then off for 7 days. I think it would’ve been better 7 on/ 7 off but I know they needed to hit tumors hard. When my marker hits 200 I freak, almost 300 last time and rising liver numbers.

So I emailed my hero nurse. She was on it. Basically in two days I had developed 3 sores in my mouth, a rash up both legs, upset stomach and some killer fatigue today. She worked it so we could get labs done here at Cherokee and then she called.

Platelets look good (then I realized I’d been drinking beets and they always raise my platelet count), not anemic, but WBC were in the trash. Likely why nothing has been healing. I thought I was going to get a neupogen shot to boost them but I think she wants to see what they do 5 days off the medication.

I have a million appointments next week. Looking forward to getting the brain MRI. That we need full resolution and no new tumors. Im also very curious what my labs will be Wednesday while I get some zometa and meet up with my neuro Thursday.


Overall been okay, just these last couple of days. I had to stop the meal plan and not eat out while my numbers are low, but hope to have it back by January. Looking forward to a chill weekend. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment