Monday, December 5, 2016

First Weekend of December

I have been sitting here trying ti figure out what we did this weekend. Realized I never left the house, and if I did I seriously cannot remember doing so. Oh wait! We got Christmas pictures made with Victoria! I ordered a bagillion so hopefully I can get some out soon.

Yesterday again was a very lazy day until Christmas started being pulled from the attics. Thankfully Madison is strong enough to help Skip and that my parents came for dinner. They helped my OCD of things having to be placed just so and the hardest parts like ribbon and staircase garland. I could just call out a job and it magically was done! It was a Christmas miracle. Then everyone watched as Skip placed the angel at the top and the tree was lovely. Tonight we will sort through ornaments and everyone will put theirs up.

Now what was NOT a Christmas miracle was my kids behavior this weekend. I think they are both the most hateful toward one another I have EVER seen in my life. It caused an angry voice I’ve never heard come out of Skip and sent me into a stress seizure. So today I have second day exhaustion and my eyes are going crazy. I’m stressed over kids, Skip’s anxiety, upcoming scans I just do not have a good feeling over, and who else knows what else.

Cancer is hard. I got to share over Thanksgiving at the church, how the last year has panned out until now. What I gave were specifics, I couldn’t look upbecause of the light and barely made it onto the stage without two people assisting me. It wasn’t hard. It was all the truth. It was everything we’ve been through, the miracle ups and the hard falls. What I failed to mention was how much I’ve learned and how thankful I am for the grace I’ve been given to wake up each morning. Whether I wake up with google eyes or wake up and feel steadier, I’m thankful he allowed me yet another day with family and friends.

I just want you to know, the impossible can be made possible with your heavenly father. With wild seeking for his face and a village, or even world of prayer warriors, I can yet see another miracle. I keep seeing things taken from me as a negative when in turn I can find a positive if I look hard enough in every one. This last one was “great now I cant even soak in the bath without a babysitter,” when really I can sit and have quiet time with Skip or one of the girls. And before you yell at me for not being allowed to have hot baths because of xeloda, I found a way around soaking my hands and feet. Lol I look like a cat thrown in the bath with my hads and feet hanging out but it worked.

As most know I have this little obsession with unicorns, actually I’m sure I started this trend, but I came across a cool scripture reminding me that God is greater and more powerful than my unicorns. They are a positive distraction but never a replacement. So I end with this:

A horse is a vain hope for deliverance;
despite all its great strength it cannot save.
Psalm 33:17


No comments:

Post a Comment