Monday, January 4, 2016

Weekly Monday News, First of the New Year!

Last intrathecal chemo in phase two day!!!! Which means for the next four months we are now biweekly!!!! Went from twice an week, to once a week to now every other week! Please, please continue to pray for no side effects and for this treatment to work. At any time it could decide to stop and now that we are spreading them thin, this is great but also scary!! We are also sending spinal fluid off for pathology and should know by Thursday how it looks. I also get my port accessed today for blood draw and flushing. Please pray I get a good tech and that my port functions without issues. I DREAD port days. I think I'll get her to run my tumors markers also just to make sure my sugar explosion over New Years didn't cause an issue. I was so upset with myself. The donut and brownies were amazing but I so no better. It's a no go forever. Zero sugar. So far so good on the new at home drugs. Like she said I won't likely notic but my blood counts will be low. Oh!! I'm growing hair and eye lashes!! Fun! But now I have to shave again.  Snap! Ha! 
I think that is it for the week!! We are planning some vacation while we have this blessed time together and look forward to building my strength so we can enjoy them all together as well. 2016 is a miracle year. January 18 was about how long they said I would live. It's unbelievable to see it right around he corner. Every single day after that day is a gift and miracle. Never stop believing in miracles, God has been doing them for a long long time, and watching the amount of people on this team and journey who haven't given up has been one of the most beautiful things. Thanks for helping us continue to get through this journey!!! We have the best support ever! Love #teamnadine #findinghope together forever. Hugs and kisses and happy new year to all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment