Thursday, January 28, 2016

Iron

I’ll try to make this short, but I must share this God story. I’ve had a few shared with us on how God truly just turns our eyes to a page in the bible and blows us away with something we have never seen before. Thank you for those, I had one today.

It was another night of rotisserie sleep. Two hours, turn. Two hours, flip. Two hours, turn and on. Sometimes less and if its more I’m usually in pain. So I came down stairs for my quiet time not having a clue where to start. I opened my email as I knew Girlfriends from God had sent their daily devotional. It was about the few really good friends you have. Those ones who are brutally honest with you, but love you. The ones you trust most to let you know that the shirt you are wearing is the ugliest thing on the planet. Those.

The scripture at the top was Proverbs 27:17 “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” I thought oh, that is nice. I looked up a few translations and basically all the same. So I opened my bible to Proverbs 27 and just began reading.  There were a few gems, and it was a good time, I read the notes and then, there it was at the very bottom, there was a note for exactly what I was looking for:

“Proverbs 27:17: There is a mental sharpness that comes from being around good people. And a meeting of the minds can help people see their ideas with new clarity, refine them, and shape them into brilliant insights. This requires discussion partners who can challenge each other and stimulate thought – people who know how to attack the thought and not the thinker. Two friends who bring their ideas together can help each other become sharper.”

I closed the book and out loud said, “what! No way.” This is what I am praying for. A team of doctors who do just that!! I can see them. I know it is possible and now I will just keep praying this over them. God has a plan, and he just poured it out on my little lap in the most amazing kind of way this morning. May a team come together who can sharpen one another and bring a new idea together, one that makes our miracle come true. Brilliant.

That’s all. What, you want more? Okay, maybe a little more.

Most know by now it’s been a rough week, mostly for Skip and I. Mentally, physicaly, spiritually, we were beat down for days and have to look at a repeat in a week from today. Thankfully, little by little, we’ve been able to climb out of yet another hole in the ground. I feel like yesterday was better and I could breathe a little easier. The kids are amazing and only make me smile. I’m walking 1-2 miles a day, attempted a yoga ap that was just proof that it’ll take much more than an ap to get me to do yoga, and I’m mostly positive. I weaned off the crazy steroids, and it’s all just left me tired, but almost relaxed at the same time.

I cannot explain it all but this morning I did something different. I left it all, the fear, the pain, the doctors, the anything, in my living room at Jesus’ feet. I spout out every single thing that came to mind in the dark. I’m talking everything, take it, I don’t want it. And do you know his response? “For I am yours and you are mine.” It wouldn’t leave my head. I could hear myself saying “I am yours” and God saying “you are mine.” So I give up my right to be in charge today of this doctor battle. I have a call that was almost intimidating from Dr. Rudnick today, and I know it’s all part of the plan. I have some amazing doctors who are being placed just for me, I always have had the best of them, and I feel like it’s going to come together today. Something big, I can feel it.

Thank you to all of you out there who reached out this week, when you didn’t know why, or maybe I asked you to. It meant more than you know to us both.

XO



1 comment: