Sunday, October 30, 2016

The Day Before Halloween - 6 days post chemo

Thankfully today felt a little better than normal. We were supposed to go to a Halloween party and could not go. We were going to stop on the way home from Madisons last cheer game for middle school, and I realized how bad I was feeling. That was my first big outing, in a mommy stroller mind you, and just the lights, the drive, all just too much. I wanted to so very bad but this has been a super hard week.

Madison and I lay in her bed last night snuggling, crying, talking, and she is a positive junkie just like me, and she wouldn’t hear of my faultering. I tried super hard today to engage and be part. Skip brought the table around and I was able to paint my pumpkin, which funny, I liked it so much better than carving. Skip used power tools on his, while M and A went the old fashioned route. Hope this summer weather will give us just 1 day before they rot. Alana made us put up spider web and we made scary eyed balloons out of our starwars balloons. She is really into it this year and had I known we would’ve had a little more decorations. That is unless Skip didn’t find them all.

Anyway, just noting today seemed better. Skip made family breakfast and made sure everyone ate lunch. I did get a nice nap in and even baked a pumpkin for soup. I painted a pumpkin. Alana painted my nails. I watched an entire movie – It was Chicken Run. Don’t judge – it totally sucked me in. Skip rode his bike. Now I’m downloading so pictures for my yearbooks.

Tomorrow is likely ‘switch to a new chemo’ day! It’s currently my only appointment this week! Halloween! So hope to have the energy to play unicorn tomorrow! I hope and pray this is the path. Seems like we need to switch, the scary part is if it doesn’t work for long or at all. Lots of options out there, hope we are led to the right one!


Thank you God for another day, a Wall family kind of day, a happy day, a no tears kind of day. Lord you know we’ve needed that big time. Thank you for special days and peaceful days. I think Zoloft is kicking in, because even on Keppra, I don’t feel like punching someone! Lol. Ok. Gotta run. I’ll try to update Monday Weekly after the appointment. God bless, be safe on Halloweenie, and most of all make some fun memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment