Friday, October 28, 2016

The Decision LIVE

Was not expecting it. Was already having a rough day. Then bam out of what seemed like nowhere, "there are 3 more." 

"Is it LM?" No. I had my fourth clear cytology this week pretty much allowing us to celebrate our victory over LM. 

But instead of celebrating we now have to devise a plan to rid of three new brain tumors in my frontal lobe. 

Dr. Simon gave us his opinion carefully thought out but serious life long term side effects are possible. Seizures, paralysis, neucrosis are in that list but they're in the list as the tumors grow regardless. 

I snuggled in bed with sweet Alana with tears streaming. As always, "it'll be okay mommy" wiping away my elephant tears.

So we are on the way to the neuronologist, who hopefully spoke with Dr. k. I emailed him last night and he said he would email her immediately. 

I'll know what to do. 

Be back around noon.

Just finished meeting with Erin. SO MUCH INFO. Basically all doctors were 100% on board with the stereotactic radiation. She showed us the spots and the swelling that is already presenting itself. We did learn this could be something we deal with more than once. The hope is that the drug I'm on gets nicely into the brain. 

I'm going to get on Xeloda in the coming weeks, giving my body and the radiation time to work and hopefully get my body back to somewhat of a functioning level. 

Dr. Dunbar is working on getting Opdivo transferred here but that will be a later add in as the side effects could cause an autoimmune response making your immune system attack major organs. 

So we have 3 hours until the next visit where I will be fitted for the radiation mask. 

Be back soon...

We killed 3 hours by going to Flying Biscuit, mmmm, traffic, and then searched for a park. Found a weird little park with bike trails. Jealous. 

We went finally to see Dr Simon and talked about a few more things. Making the mask was a go! Same as last time but it's open. He said it takes a good week to set up the project.

Lastly we are wondering if we should continue CBD oil. After I started seizure medication I stopped it, but that is also when it started To go. 

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. Today went much more smooth than we both expected. God bless. I can't wait to go to sleep!!!












 

7 comments:

  1. Nadine praying for you to find peace and healing. Love to you and your family. Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nadine. I have been following your blog for several months and I'm not sure how I even first found you! A friend of a friend of a friend posted a link on Facebook I believe. I live in North Carolina and check in on you every few days or so but I think of you every day. Even though we have never met, I feel that you have become a friend. I laugh with you and cry with you. I don't understand most of the medical terms and am not always sure what it all means but I want you to know I am pulling for you!! You are inspiring people all over the planet!! I hope you get good rest today and wake refreshed to fight this next hurdle. I will be watching and reading and continuing to pray hard! You go Nadine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong and I'm praying for this to work with no side affects. Love you all 😊 Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always praying for you. Always. 💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying the drugs do what they are supposed to do. Always praying for you. Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nadine, you are a warrior! You have been through so much and continue to fight. It seems you've got a great team of doctors and, of course, the greatest Healer is wrapped all around you. I continue to pray for you, Skip, and the girls.

    ReplyDelete