Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Happy One Month Anniversary To Me!

I cannot believe it has been a month since my surgery. I was trying to remember bits and pieces of the hospital today... The highlights were... just before getting put to sleep, in my druggist voice, asking Dr Barber to pray for me; waking up and yelling at the recovery nurses to "get that lady some fenergen"; laughing and cutting up with my sweet husband and parents as soon as they let them back, of course, my Facebook picture; making everyone find a mirror because I HAD to see the new cupcakes; laughing at my first breakfast (who would EVER want chicken broth for breakfast, especially if you are nauseated); Dr Namnoum kicking his feet up on my bed and teaching me and my brother how to make ravioli; being evacuated because of the tornado warning while leaves swarmed out of my sixth floor suite...

The memories of those two days were funny, and of course some hard. I'll never forget bawling my eyes out at 1 am when they said I'd have to get a new IV. And the best part, Skip slept through the entire ordeal... Maybe he faked it. I am kind of annoying when I get nervous. I talk a mile a minute about nothing. I found myself doing that yesterday actually... Check up with Dr N and out comes these FAT needle things. Ya. I don't think so... I'm just going to drain the water balloons out of your back. Sweet! Oh and there's a second one. Are you kidding? Lets see if there's more. Heck no! I was pretty sure had I had a real breakfast it would've been bad. You know what the best part is though? It never hurt once. I got all worked up over anticipating an ouch when really him cutting a tiny stitch hurt worse that anything else that day. So I have five days left, yes I'm counting, until they do it again. Yippeeee! Can't wait.

On a brighter, less sarcastic note, they said I could try to ride a stationary bike. Insert a really big smile. I haven't gotten to the Y yet, or I would've said how that went. Instead, we walked my neighborhood. Hills and all. It took forevvvvver. Pretty sure I was running that loop a couple of months ago, now, skip and Madison literally have to stop to let me catch up. It's so ridiculous. I did get to see two beautiful ladies on our adventure and gave me a good break while caught up. Today I woke up and my legs felt like I had run 5 miles. Jello legs! Then I thought I would try to wear jeans today. That should be on the list of things not to try until cleared. Not one single pair fit! I think all the fluid they've been squeezing out has gone straight to my booty! Ok, that's what I'm going to say for now. Shhh.

I said Booty. So, Charlotte 24 Hours of Booty is in 3 weeks and I think Skip and I are going to try to get away. He is going to attempt his 200 mile ride and I'm going to volunteer, and probably do a lot of socializing. he he. I'm definitely behind on my fund raising, but i started the hunt for corporate sponsors this week. I'd love to get at least 5 large ones to put on our team jerseys this year, that's my goal anyway. I can't wait until the Atlanta ride. I have no idea where I'll be in my healing, but my goal is to be on that start line. I feel an amazing power and such a joy just envisioning it... I truly can't  wait.

I guess I should go to bed. Tomorrow I start physical therapy and Friday I have my checkup at Emory for my thyroid which is long overdue. I started my new bible study this week "When Life Gets Hard." It's pretty deep so far, but I looked ahead and I'm pretty excited about the next few weeks. God always seems to know exactly when you need to work on each day, so I'm just going to trust he has that all planned out and will fight the urge to skip ahead:)

Skip ahead sounded like skip to bed, so I'm doing just that. Until tomorrow...
N

New favorite Facebook pages this week:
Stupidcancer.org
Pinkribbonstories.org

No comments:

Post a Comment