Saturday, July 6, 2013

Complaining is Not for Rainy Days, or Ever

Do you ever have that urge to want to complain about everything, but then you think of someone who would love what you have at this very moment? I've had this internal battle all morning. It's leading me to pray and read, but very interesting how the enemy just keeps nagging me to jump on Facebook and write my 10 reasons why I'm grumpy today. Of course, Joyce's devotional this morning was all about complaining which gave me a great giggle, but still find myself wanting to have some big fat pity party! Lol. Anyway, I'm sure 5 days of rain isn't good for anyone at this point so going to focus on being thankful...

I'm thankful for the 8" of rain because............. Ya. I'm sorry. Nothing comes to mind for that one. I'm not trying to be funny! Truly, nothing there. I could make up something like, because it gives us water to drink, but then I'd be totally lying. 

Okay let's try this again. I'm thankful for being stuck home with my kids, again, because... Lol... Just kidding, I have lots of reasons I'm thankful for that. :) now I am trying to be funny...

Really, in the end, it's 9:30, my kids are sound asleep and I've had an hour of quiet time, showered and off to make an omelet. There's most definitely nothing to complain about here. So little devil on my shoulder, you can move along now.



No comments:

Post a Comment