Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Happy 3 Months!

Today marks three months since I was diagnosed with cancer for a fourth time. I sat in my doctor’s office as the walls caved in around me. I knew this would be the biggest battle yet. Little did I know the storms we would actually encounter and the hell our family would be put through; but I also didn't know the blessings and miracles that we would witness through it all. The growth my family experienced. Couldn't have happened otherwise. Twelve weeks. 
We could not have made it without so many of you. Your prayers and children's prayers from literally all over the world are being heard. When my heart couldn't even muster a word to God, you stood in our gaps. You brought meals, ordered meals, delivered groceries, took care of our house inside and out, babysat my children, drove my children, fixed our cars, messaged us, called us, sent us goodies and books, offered us vacations and places to get away, cards and gift cards, generously supported us financially, and just gave and gave and gave. I'm not sure I could ever find the words that would adequately say how thankful we are. For now thank you is where I leave this. Thank you. 
My biggest thanks is to God. He led us to the perfect team of doctors and gave them the perfect mix of drugs and therapies. I went from unable to walk and in constant pain to today driving and shopping all of kohls myself, wrapping gifts, making dinner for my family and helping them make Rice Krispie treats. I'm wiped now and I'm constantly grateful. I know my battle with cancer has only just begun but our hope is that we continue to be the miracle everyone so desperately wants. Our crazy world needs to see you God and if through my suffering and my joys then so be your will.
Here is to the next three months, the next “season” and I hope and pray it's a less complicated one. Feeling so good, time to make some big memories. 
16 nights of sleep until Christmas! Can't wait!!

5 comments:

  1. This might be the BEST UPDATE EVER! So, so happy for you and your precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a testimony to our Creator, Sustainer, Strength and Shield. Your very present Help in time of need. I love you precious sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy and thankful. Haha, your mom told me how you went shopping in Kohls. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ You are a walking mircale. Praise God for giving you this chance. You deserve it so much. I'm in tears. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy and thankful. Haha, your mom told me how you went shopping in Kohls. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ You are a walking mircale. Praise God for giving you this chance. You deserve it so much. I'm in tears. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete