Monday, May 13, 2013

Ring, Ring! God Calling.

I started this morning a little anxious about the week. I have my two appointments at Emory and John Hopkins scheduled this month and feel very strongly that it will be one of those two. I have 3 other appointments this week that needed to be cancelled in light of that feeling, but knowing how hard it was to get in with these doctors, I had this hesitation. So I prayed. Hard. I asked God to just show me what I should do, I needed a sign... ring, ring. It was Warren. He was calling about my other mom, (Skip's mom) and said that it was a miracle she was alive. They found that her main artery was 99% blocked and they could not believe she had not had a heart attack. They were in shock. I hung up the phone trying to process it all, and I'm not really sure what I did after that, but eventually realized that was my answer. I went in for thyroid surgery and the doctors were shocked. When they opened my neck, everything was black. When I go into breast surgery, I pray they're not shocked, but what if they are? I love my doctor to this point, she is great, and the doctors I have been referred to I'm sure are awesome as well. I just think I'm being led elsewhere. As soon as I gathered my thoughts, the first of those doctors called asking if I'd like to come in today instead, they had a cancellation, and instead I got to cancel it on the spot. 

Wednesday I see the surgical oncologist at Emory and May 28th is the one in Baltimore... Praying for wisdom, confirmation and discernment as we continue to make these huge decisions. Until Wednesday...


No comments:

Post a Comment