Friday, May 3, 2013

Estrogen+,progesterone+,HER2-

It's been a really good day. I kept Madison out of school and we all went to the zoo! Animals, cotton candy, pretzels, slushies, stuffed animals, giraffe feeding... Spoiled rotten! :)

I did get some results back this afternoon via Emory! I officially have a nurse navigator and she was able to give me results and next steps. My tumor came back estrogen positive, progesterone positive, and HER2 negative. If you're like me I have no clue what that meant, but apparently that is really good! In the end it means the cells would likely be responsive to hormone therapy treatment and is likely slower growing than previously thought. Also gives me a 50/50 chance of having chemo. I have made the decision to have a double mastectomy so the next step is to meet with another surgeon, possibly two, as well as plastic surgeons. I really REALLY love Dr Corgan but I am a huge advocate for getting second opinions so I'm hoping I can get in quickly. I have a few referrals and will make calls Monday. After I settle on the WHO we will make a surgery date. During surgery they will check lymph nodes for possible involvement and will send off everything for pathology. After we get those results I will meet with the oncologist at Emory to discuss the findings and treatment plan. Seems like such a slow process for cancer but I'm once again reminded Gods timing is perfect and I just need to wait. :) peaceful as can be!

I'm probably less peaceful seeing the wether reports for Sunday. Our Kids Ride for the Cure is 2:00 and I just pray we are able to continue. Despite the crazy though, people continue to register which is just amazing and warms my heart.

Can't wait for my lazy day tomorrow. Our calendar actually has nothing on it!!!
Hugs to all...
Nadine

3 comments:

  1. Just caught up on your news. David told me he saw you this week. In his sweet/ nagging and concerned for you way has asked me numerous times to check on you. Nadine, I had no idea this was going on. Your strength through God's grace continues to amaze me. You are in our prayers! Please call on us for anything.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daphne! I was so glad to see y'all out there. David was super sweet and it was just one of those cool God moments when we saw him! I'm doing good but I'll take you up on something when things get crazy ;) Hugs! Love y'all!

      Delete
  2. You are a strong woman and we love you and your family so much!! So glad you got your good weather today!! Here's hoping the Kids Ride was a HUGE success!! XO

    ReplyDelete