Friday, May 17, 2013

Lot's of Boobies and a Date!

Yesterday afternoon/evening we got to meet with the doctor who will be my plastic surgeon. I told Skip I knew he was just perfect in about a minute. He looked at me, made a few comments and said, "Oh, ya, I got it. Yep, we're good. You're going to look amazing." That is the words of an artist. I do the same thing. I'll meet with co-workers and clients and after gathering their ideas I say the exact same... "Oh ya, I got this." We did lots of really cool pictures, even one on a machine called a Vectra. It takes your picture and then puts it into 3-D so they can move,shape, size, etc. Very cool. Afterwards we went into the doctors office to chat and it was wallpapered with certificates galore, from where do you think? Oh yes, John Hopkins. Okay, see, I did "feel" John Hopkins, I just didn't realize it would be a doctor who studied there and not the actual place. It made me smile. He pulled out his laptop and we started looking at all of the options. Big, little, muscle, fat, nipple sparing, nipple making, you name it, we saw it. I must say, I was blown away. (Especially if you ever google masectomy images - never EVER do that by the way) So we decided what we wanted to do. Again, I get an email and cell phone number with directions to contact or text him any time at all. Amazing. So we love them, I got to choose my hospital, and done. Well, kind of. So THEN she goes, so, not to freak you out, but we're out of network. I think my eyes popped out of my head, mouth hit the floor and I thought no way. No way.  I'll be honest, if God got us this far, and this guy can do everything he says he can do, well it's worth it. We are going to have to come out of pocket a little more than expected, but she said they would work with us in some amazing way. We're in God's hands now, so bring on the fun!

Found out today, Wednesday June 12 will be the surgery date at NorthSide Hospital. Until then, I have a super long list of things the kids would like to do this summer. If you want to join us on any of them, keep in touch... we have a LONG list and we'd love to share them all with family and friends!

Love y'all bunches. XO
PS. Found out today a good friend's breast biopsy came back negative. Praise the Lord. I am so, so happy for her :)

1 comment:

  1. We are game to do any fun summer activities! Count us in and keep me posted!! :) And...HOORAY for boobies!!

    ReplyDelete