Monday, May 6, 2013

Decisions, Decisions!

So. I have decided that I would like to do this once, and will opt for the double mastectomy. And I like abbreviations so I'm going to call it a MM or maybe a doubleM. :) I've been reading my brains out and have a good idea of what I'm in for, but I'm sure nothing will prepare me for the real thing. I'm super, super peaceful and rarely even think about it anymore - but that may be the fact that there's what seems like an eternity (or a week) between every doctor visit, so why be bothered!? It's just a little rock in my boob. Hardly noticeable other than I feel this need to pick at it at least 5 times a day. I'm serious!

So my next decision is who my surgeons will be. I've had 4 very highly recommended. The first I loved, but because I am a huge advocate for second opinions, I will be seeing the rest...

May 14 Dr. Barber - Breast Surgeon
May 15 Dr. Fabian - Plastic Surgeon
May 22 Dr. Corgan - Breast Surgeon (I love her)
TBD Dr. Woods - Plastic Suregoen

Anyway! Lots of visits and lots of praying over who is right for me! My first instinct seems to know, but always, always make sure! A friend posted this morning about her husband who was admitted today: "if it were our child, we would want the opinion of every doctor in this place." And she's on her 4th opinion in a matter of a few hours. :)It was an awesome reminder of how important it really is. (And I read her post about 2 minutes after making my 2nd appointment - guessing that was confirmation. hehe)

So the good news is that I get time to chill for 8 more days... yipeeeee! (I really would like this done tomorrow, but I was advised not to worry. So I'm not!) Hugs and love to all my favorite people out there! Yep, that's all of y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment