Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Good Days are Such Blessings

Today started with a surprise visit from my mom and Isla! I was so excited!! We went and ran errands at the bank and CVS and then ate Chick fil A for lunch.  She got some energy back and played so happily on the playground with the other kids. We did more shopping at Target and I didn’t even use a motorized scooter! Just the walker and got a few more buckets to organize Alana’s new room. I’m confident that she has more Barbies than people I had at my birthday party. They are overflowing from a HUGE Tupperware bin. Plus a bin of nothing but clothes and tiny stuff, another of furniture, not to mention 3 cars, two little homes, a cruise ship and a Barbie dreamhouse. I guess 8 years of obsession with Barbies, that is how its done. I’m just hoping with bins labeled and ALL the sorting me and my mom did, this child can keep her room clean. Hope.

Isla decided she was ready to go to nanny’s house when I scolded her and popped her booty for punching me. Oh no, that does not fly with me. It was instantly, “I wanna go to nanny’s house.” Which you almost have to giggle, because really in like 5 minutes I looked straight into her eyes, said, “I love you” and she said it back with no hesitation. It has been a while since she has done that and it MADE my day.

And then my Lana Bear and Madison came home and there was peace. No whining, no arguing, just giggles from Alana watching her computer in a little fort she made, Madison and I crafting her homework and then friends over for dinner. Honestly it was a good day. It was so good that I did physical therapy exersizes ON MY OWN! That is huge. Madison and Skip discovered that my balance did improve after playing a week’s worth of wii balance games. I hope to get the power point. She did SUCH a good job!

Well that is it. I got a ton of refills, unpatiently awaiting the brain MRI and am getting the run around on getting my 4 week cytology drawn. May mean a trip to the West Coast! Have to amazing people I need to see if so. Jim my only LM brother (2 year survivor currently NED!) and my Brittany (Struggling with the fight of her life). Plus, I love seeing Minh and Dr. Kesari so who knows, maybe it’s time. Technically I need to see Dean Collins too, just not sure how to get around so much of the state unless we make it a family vacation! Haha. Never know I guess. The kids just want a selfie in front of the Hollywood sign and they’ll be good.

Well that is it for now. I can’t harass my poor husband any more about taking down Christmas from the attic, work is beyond stressing him out. A good episode of Colbert or Noah doesn’t even distract him enough. So if there are any strong guys up for the challenge I think he would appreciate the help – as long as no one falls through the ceiling. Hehe.


Off to bed. Just had at least 30 hugs from Alana and a quite deep conversation about cancer. Shestarted it with, “Well mom, you know, if we knew what caused the cancer, couldn’t we then reverse it?” she’s my brilliant one. We talked about DNA strands and mutations, and a whole bunch of stuff I cannot remember, and then it came. “So does that mean I’m going to get cancer too?If it can be passed down by your parents?” I never EVER wanted to hear that question but I answered honestly. “yes.” When you are 18 you can choose if you want your DNA to be tested so you will know and have early screening and tests to catch it early. But we hope you don’t. “ and she said, “and Madison either.” I don’t know where she gets her geniusness from, oh wait, that’s from Skip, but it blows me away each time she goes on a rant like tonight. Whatever she does in life will be life changing, that I know for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Ok-I want to be there Saturday to help you pull down everything and put up decorations-what do you think.
    So glad Isla and I made your day yesterday, we need to do that again, maybe on school break😊❤️😊💕❤️😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love you guys..... So much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete