Monday, November 14, 2016

Weekly Monday News

Today there is a change in the wind…

Bye bye Alimta-Carbo, hello to Xeloda. We have to take a class on Xeloda and she is hoping to have me on it by end of day. Liver enzymes actually went down a little but pain in the area started back up today. Probably angry at the 3 pieces of amazing pizza I ate in 30 seconds last night! We will continue with Zometa which we decided to have today so we wouldn’t have to come back this week. Unfortunately my PET scan falls on break, but with all the wild fires in North Georgia we aren’t sure we could even go up there. Skip is highly allergic to smoke, so a change in winds could cause for a disaster. He is already fighting it here with the cloud over the area. Continuing steroid for the week, and my altering my seizure meds didn’t seem to phase her, I guess she knows me by now. We were all pretty shocked to realize we had just passed the 14th month mark. Gotta keep pushing, but it’s always scary to switch a drug. She is also going to put me on an anti-estrogen drug. There is conflicting studies done with combining it with Xeloda, but she feels like it won’t hurt. My tumor markers went up substantially and have went over the 200 mark. That freaks me out. Now it’s time to pray this works, and fast. Having an aggressive cancer is nothing to wait on or mess around with. Please let this work.

Alana’s 9th birthday wiped me out but so worth the 4 months of planning. She had so much fun. I even tried being a snitch aimlessly running around like a blind person. Lol. This morning is a bit difficult. Feel like my eyes are jittering and my body feels weird. Maybe I’ll just contribute it to “overdoing it.”


Thank you all for everything. Keep up the big prayers for healing and I’ll try to keep in touch. I sleep a lot more now and not good at remembering anything, but I thank you. From all the birthday gifts, to the meals every night, to the prayers and love from everyone, we truly live in one of the greatest, kindest communities ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment