Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Uncool Pelvic Back Pain

We have had a busy week! After the Depocyte, I continued to have days of no bowel movements and increasing bloating and irritability in my bowels. I saw two doctors and finally got enough medication in my to help things along. Every time I eat I still blow up like a balloon, and have went off my healthy cancer fighting diet to a low residue diet. It’s what I did last September when I was diagnosed with three partial obstructions. I really didn’t get worried until my kidney started giving me pain in my back. That was Saturday on the way up to Ellijay, I just couldn’t get comfortable in the car and was thinking this is not good, but there isn’t anything I can really do until Monday. So what did I do? Enjoyed the mess out of the cold birthday day for my dad. We hiked all over the place, listened to the water running through the valley, and even played in the spring a little. We had an awesome day! That night we came home, put the kids in bed and I was feeling good! Maybe just a fluke. So I decorated the kitchen for breakfast and off I went. Valentines Day was once again magical. We cooked heart shaped cinnamon rolls and pancakes and went all out with bacon and sausage and notes and candies, and chocolate covered strawberries of course! Then we went to church, which was fabulous as always and then to IKEA where my husband scaled the shelving for a dresser and nearly got kicked out or arrested. I was thankful we made it out with our things. It was definitely an adventure to remember.

 

Yesterday the first thing I did was get my doctor to make and Ultrasound appointment. I didn’t eat or drink so lucky for me, I was in by 10:30AM. It wasn’t my normal girl, but she was just as cool. We looked at everything and it looked like everything is “normal” except for my kidney. She said it looked like there was some nephrosis going on but didn’t look at any lymph nodes. That wasn’t in the order. I’m absolutely concerned as this is exactly how everything started back in September. Today I woke up with mega pain in my lower back as well which made things a little more concerning and because we were running out, I didn’t get my hot salt bath. I can feel it in my groin and pelvis, a lovely burning sensation. I guess until she calls, I’m just going to suck it up! We are on our way to Universal and I plan to walk my brains out and enjoy every minute! I packed up some pain meds if things get worse, but praying this leaves very soon and its just an irritated bowel with some pissy lymph nodes.

 

What a battle. We are either fighting for life in the meninges, or fighting for life in my stomach. It is becoming tiring. Every time I feel like we are somewhere, we once again get knocked down. I have to do everything I can to stay positive but finding it very difficult this morning not to worry. “Do not worry about anything, but by thanksgiving, prayer and petition make your requests to God and the peace of God which transcends understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” I have been giving thanks all morning as my combat. 

 

I’ll start a Universal Blog Post when we get there so I can keep our Hope supporters up to date on another amazing trip to make memories!! This Friday is our 16thanniversary and we hope to be able to go to Magic Kingdom for the day as Peter Pans flight is where Skip proposed to me over 17 years ago. Magical! I cannot wait!

6 comments:

  1. Continued prayers. People with a whole lot less problems then you have don't live life as fully as you do. Hugs and Prayers. Gloria Beale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain. See the link below for more info.


    #pain
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a rough couple of days. So glad that you are able to keep giving thanks and approaching life with gratitude. That's really inspiring to see, especially since so many people just whine and feel sorry for themselves all the time. Best wishes for your recovery!

    Madalyn Oconnell @ Steadman Hawkins Clinic Denver

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pelvic back pain has been plaguing my mother for several years and she could never find a relief for it until she started swimming and being more all round active, i believe when you remain active that things will be strong enough to withstand daily activity. Please share this with more people because they should all be aware of it.

    Agnes Lawson @ Pain Relief Experts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the pain you have been subjected to, back pain is probably the worst kind of pain to have as all the humans in the world need to be able to walk. if we cannot walk and be mobile we become very left out. We will be praying for your return to health, thank you for this.

    Marion Freeman @ Covered Bridge Chiropractic

    ReplyDelete