Tuesday, February 23, 2016

February Break

Last week was one of the best trips again, that we have ever been on as a family. We went to Universal, stayed in the park at the Hard Rock Hotel which ended up being one of our favorite places to stay. We were within walking distance to both parks and city walk and the pool was like a mini oasis. The weather could not have been more amazing and we just soaked in all the good family fun time. We made it to the park for a couple of hours the first night and the girls had a blast on the old dueling dragons. It was the first time ever in my life that I willingly passed on a coaster and sat along the sidelines watching. It was kind of sad, but to see their faces on how much fun it was was priceless.

We got much needed rest and off to Universal Studios the next day. We met up with some friends and for half of the day just hung out and had a fun time exploring the new Harry Potter section and riding good old rides. We pretty much stayed in the park until we had been on everything! It was awesome.

The next day we chose to make it an earlier evening as Friday was going to be a Disney miracle. We went back to Island of Adventure and hit every single ride again and even did a few water rides per Alana’s request. That was a definite mistake as it made things quite chilly for lunch, The Hard Rock, two days in a row outside, but still awesome.

We did the pool and enjoyed the outside games, even learned how to play shuffleboard! We were ready for Disney, and went to bed early. I had even went on a hunt for t-shirts and had everyone a new mickey (and skip a star wars) t-shirt. I was very proud. A new friends got us into the park, Jamie and Gary. Let me just say, that was awesome. They helped us obtain fast passes and off we went. We were also notified the day before about some slots at Cinderella’s Castle opening up for breakfast and we got in. Let me just say, I was WAY more excited than anyone else about Disney. It’s always been pure magic to me and to eat with the princesses was something I had always dreamed of doing.

We had an AMAZING breakfast, Alana says “best eggs ever” and I had some stuffed French toast that was so full of sugar and I didn’t care one bit! So yummy and so perfect. I had tears in my eyes literally the entire time. I even got a selfie with every princess that came to our table.

Finally we were on our way, and off to the rides we went. We started in Fantasy land and the new Dwarfs ride was incredible!! How fun! We went onto the “It’s a Small World” and then to Peter Pans flight where I once again was hanging over the edge of the boat saying how beautiful it was from up there. Skip and I rode together as that day was our 16th anniversary and 17 and a half years ago, he proposed to me in that very spot. More and more covered tears. Best time ever. I asked them to let us ride again, but that would be a no. That’s okay, we had a lot to see!

We went to Dumbo’s Flight and took a picture in front of the Barnstormer, Alana’s first coaster ever when she was two! We rode the train around to Frontierland and got on Madison’s first coaster, Big Thunder Mountain. It was so awesome. Then we went to the Pirates of the Caribbean and the Jungle Boat and then to the Haunted Mansion. Alana was terrified but we made it and by the end she was cracking up! The moment just before was the Fantasy Parade, which was super coo, but the amount of people that left that area was a bit overwhelming for me! Ah! What was THAT!? Finally, all was back to normal and we headed to the Space Mountain. Now I wasn’t sure at this point if roller coasters were okay, so I thought whatever, I’m going. I did it!! We all did!! And off to Be our Guest we went. We were a little early so we got on Ariel’s Grotto ride, and hello magical once again. I’m telling you, I’m such a little kid when it comes to Disney. Then we made it into the beast’s castle! OMG no words to describe the amazing place. We had the best dinner, enjoyed touring around and meeting the beast, and leaving with some gifts from the master himself. It was awesome. I cannot thank the people enough who all made this happen. It was amazing and I’m still blown away.

We finally finished the night with fireworks and the light display on the castle along with the Electrical Parade to finish it off. On our way out, it said Meet Mickey, and I thought LETS! Why not!!?? And so we waited, met Mickey and on the way out, we saw a short little line meeting a girl in a blue dress. It took a minute and then I realized it was Wendy from Peter Pan! Oh what a treat! We were told she had not signed autographs in over 2 years and is never seen without Peter! We got pictures, she signed, we talked and she loved our story of how Skip proposed. She was absolutely adorable. Before we left for good I just danced in the street, swirling and twirling, in utter amazement of one of the best days of my life.

We were given and awesome gift and a dear friend and family added onto our nights at Hard Rock. We planned on staying the day and driving home late that night after the Mardi Gras parade, but now we could totally relax. We rode the Rocket Coaster, I DID, in the morning, Skip had his Starbucks, we learned A LOT from the concert director lady about Shawn Mendes coming up, and went and laid by the pool for the remainder of the day. We ate poolside lunch, played games, swam a little and just had a nice day coming down from the excitement of the week. That evening we ate some amazing Mexican on city walk and went back to Universal for the Mardi Gras parade which ended up just being so much fun!! Lots of caught beads and finally at the end Alana begged to ride one more ride, so why not the Rocket Coaster in the Dark!!! Yeah! Mom did it again, beyond my better judgment, but whatever. I didn’t care. The pain from the beginning of the week had totally subsided, I had walked over 8 miles a day, and I felt amazing. So many people praying is truly why. God heard every one and for no reason other than his grace was I able to do all I did last week.

Today I lay here in bed trying to fall asleep. We came home Sunday, an awesome trip and got everyone ready for Monday going back to school and me to get my third treatment of Depocyte. It’s scary to get knowing that I’m going to have an instant reaction. I think we have a pretty good idea of how it goes now, shall I need it after the next brain MRI. Today I had the MRI that was scheduled before we left for Universal, when my groin swelled, back hurt and whatever else. The pain had literally left until this morning and it was all back – good timing I suppose. Through the day, my positivity weaned, and I struggled. I know there are lots of things it could be, most  of them not anything I want to know about so my mind is now in a million directions. I once again became completely dehydrated from yesterday’s events, and even after two bags of fluids, I had no urge to pee. I have kept on my Miralax, Colace, prune, fiber, low residue diet and today, passed with nothing. Here we go again! This time with increasing swelling on the right side. At least my mom kep t me mostly distracted for the day. We had fun shopping, eating, going to doctor and then eating again. It was the first time I’d ever been to the Union and we were blown away. Met the people that own it and like 8 other restaurants that I know and love in the area and overall had a great time. Still, after the MRI I hurt in odd places, and started getting more and more nervous. Read the insane amount if prayers and worked on saying some prayers for some friends struggling with their own battles. Also heard Alana plead to God once again for me, but tonight was different. Come down from heaven and heal my mom, we know you have the power. That’s just a tiny piece of her unreal words. I was in complete tears by the end, unable to pray only a few words. She has such a beautiful soul. I truly hope he answer her amazing prayer, because this child if anyone deserves the miracle she requests.

Off I go to sleep, lots of reflux, just like last time, so I guess I’ll figure out a way to sleep now. Hugs and prayer to all, snuggling with my lil Jax and honey, wide awake and nervous of what news we hear tomorrow. Doing my best to stay positive, but sometimes it just honestly hits me like a ton of bricks with no rhyme or reason, tonight it one of those nights. Lord give me peace and sleep and lets just revisit it all tomorrow.

Bless os many beautiful hearts who are helping us, praying and thinking of us. You will never know the impact you make on this family. Love you all.


Nadine

2 comments: