Saturday, February 27, 2016

Another Beautiful Day

Oh, today is a new day!! Happy dance from my recliner! Thank You for another and thank you God for waking me up in pure appreciation of another day. It is a gift. I woke up to the peak of sunlight, birds chirping, and I felt spring being near. I slept more hours last night without waking which is huge. Today will be day three of me praying circles around myself on my living room floor, 36 to go. I am praying for a miracle with my team and as I have many scans this week and doctor things to do, my heart is at peace. It’s a God peace as this week was painful. Literally. Pain I have not remembered since September. I want to do life as I always have, and I think denial has set in. Accepting the fact that running errands has become too much, is becoming realization. I have to remember they are putting poison directly into my brain to kill the leptomeningeal disease. Duh! I just had massive chemo treatment five days go! Monday! Which also means I get to come off Prednisone today!!! I read this morning about considering every trial pure joy, and I am joyful. I know the new normal of life is just that, the new normal. It means looking at each day differently, appreciating it, and going through it with the best attitude possible, for it truly is another gift. Tomorrow is Madison’s thirteenth birthday, and though today is filled with things to do, I give it up. I give it to the people who are helping us, and letting go of the things I just can’t do, the errands I should not run, and sit back and smile at this day. I am so happy I could burst! I am so thankful for the team that has set off on this journey with us and so thankful for the prayers, help, encouragement and everything. Lord bless them so hard for all they do and have done. I wouldn’t be here without them. That I know is true.


No comments:

Post a Comment