Friday, February 26, 2016

OverDo Everything

Ok. So it has been a whirlwind of a day!! I guess I cannot do all the things I used to. BOO! HAHA. I woke up at 6 and "Good, Good, Father" was in my head so now I own it! Verses on "good" were where I started today, convinced God is good all the time. I started out super high! By 9:00 AM I was out the door! I HAD to go decorate my child's locker, fix something at the bank and met an amazing young man who helped me. So happened he lost his dad at age 5 to brain cancer. Can't tell you how hard that was to fight back tears for him, but I've made a new friend. So crazy...

The DRMS staff was like SUPER awesome today. Apparently you have to be a kid to decorate lockers and come in before 7:30. Madison has been begging me for weeks to decorate her locker. So these awesome ladies did it for me during lunch after calling her up. See, I wanted to be that mom who went into the lunch room to deliver cookies for her birthday, but apparently that isn't allowed also. So they called her up, got her locker number and I got lots of hugs and smooches. Last day at school she will ever be 12! Ah! My little girl not so little anymore.

Left there and brought Alana lunch, because the last time I ate with her was Thanksgiving when I was told I wasn't "allowed" because of germs. So, since I'm not too scared of them right now, mom met us and we laughed giggled and had super awesome lunch! Funny thing, around 1:30 she needed to go home because she was "sick". Think we are battling asthma and allergies again, and will have to start tackling visits next week. I can see it in her veins, short breath, coughing. Skip was a bad asthmatic, and just thinking she's up now. From there, me and mom started painting Madison's room. I wanted the ceiling done, and all and the window wall is almost black. Half of it is divided with a giant IKEA shelving unit and it'll be her "bedroom." The other half I have a fab music studio planned out. Huge guitar frames with hangers, framed vintage records, drumstick art, CD art, art art art, new furniture and just fun. I hope its as cool as I envision. See, this is all from her super cool family who all went in on sending checks and became her gift! Her gift from us (other than what we went over) was a choice. Either a super giant 13th birthday party, or "go to universal with 2 friends, and see Shawn Mendes play March 18." You'll never guess what she chose! Yes, she looked at me like, "duh, of course I want to go to Universal!" haha. So we have a plan for that, just hope somehow teamnadine can work some magic and somehow meet this guy while we are there!! It would rock my world to see their faces. Then, I needed to still have friends and family over because it's what I need to do, so we are having the family and a few buddies over for pizza, cake and a 4:00 room reveal. Realized today that it is already Friday and freaked. lol. I had to take a break and lay in bed for a while and mom finished painting. She is sooooo awesome and it looks SOOOO good! We finished the ceiling too!! We have a huge list tomorrow, but I think it is do-able with our awesome family!

So, in the midst of ALL the crazy, I was also on the phone with my doctors all morning! They touched base again and feel I need to have the PET scan ASAP, along with the brain MRI which is currently scheduled for Monday March 7. Which will push my treatment out, likely to that following Wednesday, March 9. The cool thing is that I'll get the brain results at 1:00 the same day!! SOOOO need big prayers for tumor resolution!!! We want to see WAY less, gone, whatever you can pray! Disappear lots of brain tumors, disappear!!! I'll keep everyone posted, but for now, we need these scans to be clear of cancer. My body hurts so bad and my tumor marker went up this week which doesn't give me much confidence that I'll be clear, but I'm thankful they are on it. Pain meds, muscle relaxers and Prednisone don't touch this pain, and that's a little concerning. I always over do it, so pain this bad is just junky. Regardless, I'm positive, I'm making it to my daugter's 13th birthday (WHOOOOHOO!), something I wasn't sure I'd every see, and that keeps me on the top of the world!!!

Love you all and thanks for trying so hard to make a mama's wish come true in a few weeks! Meeting Shawn Mendes would be NUTS awesome.

Big hugs and loves and sorry for the ramble! Happy Friday and enjoy the mess out of this AMAZING weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment