Thursday, February 16, 2017

Did She Fall Off The Earth

Sorry, for the people who check in daily, hoping for an update, its been a rough two weeks.

Two more weeks and no new chemo medication but it was supposed to arrive yesterday, then today, but not likely. I will not bore you with details but we have been on the phone daily with CVS and UHC. Good fun. So the girls have the flu. Nothing like a 2 week vacation. Unless of course one of us gets it and that, would just be bad, very bad. So now we are all on Tamiflu. We never had valentins day, my  favorite and Alana is going to miss market day. She worked soooo hard on her little shop. You know, maybe we can sell them for real to make up for it!

So every 4 weeks we will be hanging out in Santa Monica! There are a few people we need to meet up with out there. Team Jimbo and the famous Dean Collins. Let us know what works and we can shoot for dinner dates, otherwise I believe our repeat scans are spring break and hoping to take the kids from SF to Hollywood (that’s actually the only reason they want to go CA) drive some of the ocean front, and Pier Park. Maybe even a day or two at Disney. That’s all here nor there. Hoping we make it to Tybee next week, we could sure use some fresh beach air. It is private, beautiful, and hopeful.

Lastly I briefly mentioned a study I was going to do, then not do, and that’s when the flood gates of hell opened. Two children with 102 fevers, one vomiting, one passing out, a crashing hard drive on skips work computer, 6 doctor appointments, multiple trips to cvs, and thank God for the angels he puts in your life when you cant bear anymore. I was on my second to last day of my study. She talked about life being like seasons of training for a race. There is a finish line, and I started seeing it in random places, thinking this study is my finish line. And then I knew something was up when a staff friend emailed me out of the blue, about how I was running the race and she does not believe it is over. But maybe this season is. She mentioned do not fear, and my daily devo had Psalm 23 in it. Instant confirmation that I should.

Anyway, at peace. Almost no response with right side, its so weak, but as I have witnessed just walking through infusion, it could be worse. Had a blast laughing with my doctors yesterday and just grateful for another day.



1 comment:

  1. We are thankful for every second of day... Tell Alana that I want to be one of the first in line to purchase from her market. Prayers for you ALL to get better- VERY SOON! Looking forward to peaceful, play time at Tybee with you all! LOVE you bunches.....

    ReplyDelete