Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

It's a HUGE week. Today is October first... the start of Breast Cancer Awareness month. A month that now has a whole new meaning for me and my family... Sweet Rides has always been green, and my story has always been thyroid cancer. Well now, we're just going to throw a little pink in the mix!

Thursday is my last round of chemo! It's kind of surreal in a way... it went by really fast me and the kids agreed last night. I think we're going to celebrate at Pure Taqueria at 7ish if you want to join us! It'll be my last unhealthy meal then its off to crazy-land. I have read and done a ton of research on food and how it relates to cancer and Ijust would rather be safe this go around. I have been told I have cancer now three times, and that's a charm. This is it... no more.

Saturday is also a huge day because it will be our fourth 24 Hours of Booty. It's been a year to say to least. I've never hit that 150 mile goal that I dreamed of, but I will be back next year and it will happen. So this year I am going to play, sleep, ride a lap, talk, sleep, ride another lap, play, sleep and a lot of sleep... Being two days after chemo is always a little concerning but never enough to keep me from riding. Heck, I rode my second round with a fever... it'll be all good. Can't wait to wear all my new green fun stuff! TodayI bought giant glasses, wings, glow things, and my friend made me a great big headband bow (since I can't wear any of the others she has made me!) It's actually pretty obnoxious, but totally perfect. Green & pink with lots of bling!

Well, I will try to blog once more before Booty to let everyone know how round four went! Praying for smooth sailing and the easiest yet! Praise the Lord for Benadryl, Claritin, Steroid and Adivan.

Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment