Thursday, September 26, 2013

Catching up on my blogging!

The last 2 weeks have been pretty uneventful hence my lack of not blogging! I was perfectly perfect the first 4 days after chemo and didn't even feel fatigued until day 5! I had started to itch but with a little Benadryl it wiped it out and NEVER came back! I had very little stomach issues which I am convinced are due to milk now and really breezed through this round if compared to the last two! I feel very blessed. My perspective is constantly in check and even today you know, I just can't complain.

I rode for the first time in round three the farthest yet at 6.0 miles with 720 feet of climbing. I had to giggle. There was a guy walking and he said,"wow, I am so impressed. You don't see bikes over on this side of the neighborhood!" I thought, probably not riders undergoing chemo either! I kept fighting on. It hurt, wasn't the easiest of rides but I was on a cancer killing mission. It was NOT going to stop me yesterday and I probably would've ridden farther had I been with some company.

I did however have another first. I stood up and pedaled three pedal strokes on my bike. HUGE. It felt awkward and weird but it's now checked off my list! YAY!

Right now things are crazy busy with the last week of fund raising here. We are doing a yard sale at Child's Play this weekend where people donate items and the proceeds go to the team. This year, we are going to also give a portion to one of the sweetest teachers of the school, just diagnosed with ALL. I have a million emotions but my words are few. I know that shock stage can be overwhelming. Praying for them every day.
We just finished up sorting and whew, I'm cooked. It's a ton of work, but we went through and knocked it out like champs. It was sad that no one showed up to volunteer... Just some sweet moms from Sweet Rides! Gotta love 'em!

I'm off to take a nap now and hoping I'll have energy for a date night!

Tata and if you live in the area PLEASE SHOP OUR SALE TOMORROW OR SATURDAY!!!! Childsd Play Early Learning Center on Hickory Flat Highway 9-1pm! :D www.facebook.com/sweetridesga


No comments:

Post a Comment